Calibre Portable 0.8.46
Calibre Portable 0.8.46 Ranking & Summary
RankingClick at the star to rank
User Review: 0 (0 times)
File size: 54.8 MB
Platform: Windows All
Date added: 2012-04-12
Publisher: Kovid Goyal
Calibre Portable 0.8.46 description
Calibre Portable 0.8.46 proves itselft to be a supportive as well as reliable e-book library management application which is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes, library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion as well as e-book reader sync features.
- Library Management
- calibre manages your e-book collection for you. It is designed around the concept of the logical book, i.e., a single entry in your library that may correspond to actual e-book files in several formats.
- calibre can sort the books in your library by: Title, Author, Date added, Date published, Size, Rating, Series, etc.
- In addition, it supports extra searchable metadata:
- Tags: A flexible system for categorizing your collection however you like
- Comments: A long form entry that you can use for book description, notes, reviews, etc.
- You can easily search your book collection for a particular book. calibre supports searching any and all of the fields mentioned above. You can construct advanced search queries by clicking the helpful "Advanced search" button to the left of the search bar.
- You can export arbitrary subsets of your collection to your hard disk arranged in a fully customizable folder structure.
- Finally, calibre will even go out onto the internet to find book metadata based on existing title/author or ISBN information. It can download various types of metadata and covers for your books, automatically. The metadata system is written using plugins so that different types of metadata sources can be supported in the future.
- E-book conversion
- calibre can convert from a huge number of formats to a huge number of formats. It supports all the major e-book formats. The full list of formats can be found here .
- The conversion engine has lots of powerful features. It can rescale all font sizes, ensuring the output e-book is readable no matter what font sizes the input document uses. It can automatically detect/create book structure, like chapters and Table of Contents. It can insert the book metadata into a "Book Jacket" at the start of the book.
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- calibre has a modular device driver design that makes adding support for different e-reader devices easy. At the moment, it has support for a large number of devices, the complete list of which is here . Syncing supports updating metadata on the device from metadata in the library and creation of collections on the device based on the tags defined in the library. If a book has more than one format available, calibre automatically chooses the best format when uploading to the device. If none of the formats is suitable, calibre will automatically convert the e-book to a format suitable for the device before sending it.
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- calibre can automatically fetch news from websites or RSS feeds, format the news into a ebook and upload to a connected device. The ebooks include the full versions of the articles, not just the summaries. Examples of supported news sites include:
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
- The Guardian
- and many, many more…
- calibre has over three hundred news sources and the news system is plugin based, allowing users to easily create and contribute new sources to calibre. As a result the collection of news sources keeps on growing!
- If you are interested in adding support for a news site, read the User Manual . Once you have successfully created a new recipe, you can share it with other users by posting it in the calibre forum or sending it to the calibre developers for inclusion in calibre.
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- calibre has a built-in ebook viewer that can display all the major ebook formats. It has full support for Table of Contents, bookmarks, CSS, a reference mode, printing, searching, copying, customizing the rendering via a user style sheet, embedded fonts, etc.
- Content server for online access to your book collection
- calibre has a built-in web server that allows you to access your ebook collection using a simple browser from any computer anywhere in the world. It can also email your books and downloaded news to you automatically. It has support for mobile devices, so you can browse your collection and download books from your smartphone, Kindle, etc.
- New Features
- Auto adding: When automatically adding files from a folder, automatically convert the files to the current output format after adding. This can be turned off via Preferences->Adding Books->Automatic Adding.
- E-book viewer: When reading a MOBI file that is actually a KF8 book, show the format as being KF8
- Content server: Workaround for android stock browser not support HTTP AUTH.
- Edit metadata dialog: Change the remove unused series button to a clear series button (as the remove unused series function is now automatic)
- Driver for PocketBook 622.
- Bug Fixes
- Run metadata downloads in a separate process to workaround memory leaks in third party plugins. Also removes the need to break up bulk metadata downloads into 100 book batches.
- Make tag browser filtering work when capital letters are entered.
- EPUB metadata: Ignore urn:isbn: prefix from ISBN declaration when reading metadata
- Get books: Fix feedbooks store not showing all available formats
- KF8 Input: When the KF8 book has no metadata ToC, try to extract the ToC from the HTML instead.
- Fix regression that broke access to Preferences via the Preferences item in the calibre menu on OS X
- Fix bug that ignored metadata specified on the command line when using calibredb add
- New news sources
- The Southern Star by watou
- Buenos Aires Herald by Darko Miletic
- Improved news sources
- OReilly Premium
- Real Clear
- Soldier's Magazine
Calibre Portable 0.8.46 Screenshot
Calibre Portable 0.8.46 Keywords
Bookmark Calibre Portable 0.8.46
Calibre Portable 0.8.46 Copyright
WareSeeker.com do not provide cracks, serial numbers etc for Calibre Portable 0.8.46. Any sharing links from rapidshare.com, yousendit.com or megaupload.com are also prohibited.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
Calibre Portable will satisfy you with a really cost-effective and reliable e-book library management application which is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes, library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion as well as e-book reader sync features. Free Download
Pidgin Portable is considered to be a convenient Pidgin instant messaging client packaged as a portable app in which you can take your IM settings and buddy lists with you. Free Download
LWBlat GUI Portable is regarded as an effective and useful application which brings you a portable GUI frontend for (the also portable) Blat (a console utility e-mail sender). Free Download
Listary Portable is the portable version of Listary, that is created to help you quickly find and select items from a list just by typing the keywords you\d like to search for. Free Download
EssentialPIM Portable is the portable version of EssentialPIM which is U3-compliant and works straight from your removable media, whether you use a USB flash drive, compact flash card, or even a good old floppy. Free Download
Secure NTFS Portable has come as a useful and flexible program which is able to create invisible password protected secret storage for your files and folders at any portable drive formatted in NTFS. Free Download
Chromium Portable is made as an interesting and impressive program which runs from an iPod, USB flash drive, portable hard drive, CD or any other portable media. Free Download
Portable kvirc is such an essential and functional program which provides you with a free portable full-featured IRC client packaged as a portable app, so you can chat on the go. Free Download